Providing support to our customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
As part of our overall solution approach, Kirby Risk utilizes our EASA Accredited repair facility in Lafayette, IN to provide 24/7/365 support to customers throughout our network of 40+ locations.
Our team can provide AC and DC motor rewinding using class "H" inverter rated magnet wire and vacuum pressure impregnation. We can repair your gear motors, submersible pumps, servo motors, and spindle motors. We offer specialty assembly, custom machining and load testing up to 500hp. We also provide manufacturer's warranty repair.
We are available to service your needs in case of emergency 24/7/365. Furthermore, we keep you informed throughout the repair process through our custom on-line job tracking software.
How the Repair Process Works (for an electric motor)
- Customers contact our repair facility or their local Kirby Risk Branch for pick-up of the motor in need of repair.
- Upon arrival at the repair facility, digital photos are taken and nameplate information initiates the on-line job tracking software.
- The motor proceeds through a battery of incoming tests.
- After disassembly, a quote is provided for the cost of the materials and labor required to repair the unit.
- Upon approval to proceed, the motor is repaired following EASA (Electrical Apparatus Service Association) guidelines. Ask us to share the details of this quality repair process.
- Upon completion of the repair, motors are test run and returned to the customer. Complete repair history and photos are available to on-line users.
- Some of the options that can be performed upon customer request include: load testing, failure analysis, Motor Circuit Analysis (MCS), etc.